ADDITIONAL INFO FOR THE AUDITIONS
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Coconut Bra (if no coco bra, please wear swimsuit, tube top, or covered strapless bra)
- Heavy Make-up (Foundation, Lashes, Eyeliner, Blush, Contour, Eyeshadow, Brows, etc.)
- Flowers and/or accessories
- Chest Accessories (ti-leaves, shell necklace, accessories, Polynesian jewelry, etc.)
*If you do not arrive dressed, there are 2 restrooms near the Lu'au garden that you can use.
- One to the right of the ticket booth
- One located at Hale Koa Barefoot Bar near the pool.
Please be courteous of any hotel/luau guest. Please be ready and dressed by 9:15pm
- Tribal/Polynesian Tattoos on MALES are accepted
- Female dancers please cover tattoos with heavy makeup. Please come with your tattoo(s) covered so that you can demonstrate your understanding of how to do this.
TIPS FOR THE AUDITION:
- Show up On-Time (after 8:30pm but by 9pm)
- Look your best (come dressed to impress; Polynesian style)
- Smile! Smile! Smile! Our dancers don't just dance, they entertain.
- Have fun! Come with an open mind
- Show us what we can expect from you.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A very short dance routine will be taught
- As a group you will dance it together. You will be given multiple opportunities to learn it and practice it before dancing it together
- The dance routine will incorporate Basic Hula Steps & Basic Tahitian Steps
WHAT PAST PARTICIPANTS HAVE TOLD US IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE AUDITION:
- "That was fun!"
- "It wasn't intimidating at all"
- "When will we find out if we made it?"
- "How did I do?"
2 options. Bring your ticket with you so we can get it validated after the audition.
- The parking structure across from main lobby
- The open lot across from Army Museum just past the hotel.
- Bring your Hale Koa Hotel parking ticket with you
- Read Audition information so you are prepared
- Bringing Guests to watch the audition is OK but they will have to stay seated in the back upper tables, remain quiet, and not interrupt the audition or hotel guests. The audition is on hotel property so it is vital that you/guests follow hotel rules.
to register PLEASE CONTACT
OR FILL OUT OUR JOB INQUIRY FORM HERE
We have taken inexperienced dancers and trained them to become professional Polynesian entertainers.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PRIOR TO THE AUDITION.