- Boys ‘Uli’Uli Set: Effective April 1st, boys will need to have ‘uli’uli set w/ no feathers. If you have a nice set w/ good feathers, you may trade it in with the Kama’s for a new featherless ‘uli’uli set. Contact admin or send a message on cast page.
- Magic of Polynesia: Our OSMs have been working hard at MOP every night, helping the MOP Cast to improve their professionalism and show!
- Paradise Park: Our Forever Paradise show in Manoa is scheduled to open in May. Renovations are still on-going for the property and restaurant. In anticipation for our May opening, we will be conducting rehearsals all of MARCH & APRIL. The show will start off with every Tuesday and Wednesday, with the addition of Monday, at a later point in time. Please note that this show will be an all Hawaiian Hula show. No Polynesian performances. Most of the scripting and numbers have been written and put together. Important dates to remember:
· Tuesday, May 16 – Dry Run (With Investors and Production Team)
· Tuesday, May 23 – Fam Tour (Agents Night)
· Tuesday, May 30 – Grand Opening
- Royal Hawaiian Center: Beginning this month, we will do our RHC Hula Show every WEDNESDAY for 2017! Congratulations to our Hula Team who have been performing there all these years!
Hula Lesson Song Contest: Congratulations to all the participants! We will have the results within the next two weeks.
Dancer & Musician Trainings: THE ENTIRE MONTH OF MARCH & APRIL WILL BE DEDICATED TO LEARNING NEW SONGS AS WELL AS BRINGING BACK OLD SONGS. ALL SONGS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED INTO OUR CURRENT SHOW AND OUR NEW SHOW BEGINNING APRIL 1st. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ATTEND THESE TRAININGS AS WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE TIME OR RESOURCES TO RE-TRAIN. BELOW ARE THE PS HULAS FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.
Help wish our fellow cast, crew, and administrative staff a big HAU'OLI LA HANAU on their special day!
04/11 - Hale Motuapuaka (Fire Knife Dancer)
04/12 - Kristen “Ku’upua” Enomoto (Dancer)
04/20 - Patrick-James “Keahi” Ka’awa (Dancer)
04/20 - Reyn “Komaehu” Arakaki-Fukui (Fire Knife Dancer)
04/21 - Robert “Bobby G” Gonzales (Musician)
04/22 - Gordon “’Aina” Freitas (Musician)
04/24 - *Chris Burnett (Admin)
04/24 - Toa Milford (Fire Knife Dancer)
04/25 - Vavao “Vao” Elise (Musician)
05/02 - Kacie "Pualei" Lynch (OSM)
05/15 - Wilfred "Tiny" Pave (Musician)
05/17 - Krista "Ku'uipo" Kaufman (Dancer)
05/20 - Devon "Alofa" Tsai (Fire Knife Dancer)
05/24 - *Titus Tanuvasa
05/27 - Sasha "Loke" Lee (Dancer)
05/31 - Ashley "Kau'i" Castillo (Dancer)
05/31 - Jordan "Lanikila" Bush (Dancer)
SPECIFIC PRE-SHOW STATIONS
DIAMOND HEAD LUAU
SPECIFIC PRE-SHOW STATIONS
TERRACE BY THE SEA
TIKI'S GRILL & BAR
ROYAL HAWAIIan CENTER - MALU
PERFORMERS IN TRAINING
Resources for new dancers, musicians, fire knife dancers, chanters, & emcees in training.
Performer evaluations for new dancers, musicians, fire knife dancers, chanters, & emcees in training.
(Overview of Evaluation Process)
GUEST INTERACTION VIDEO SUBMISSION
(Performers must submit videos)
REQUEST FOR PRE-EVAL/EVALUATION
(Performers request pre-eval/eval when above steps are complete and they feel ready)
MY NEXT STEPS
(Evaluator and Performer will complete this together)
(Evaluator will complete this as performer dances in show)
performance management team SECTION
(LINE CAPTAINS, MUSICIAN LEADS, & ON-SITE MANAGERS)